Celeste Bowers Celebrated at New York Book Expo 2017


Look who was rocking the Book Expo New York!

None other than Ted Bowers' wife Celeste, author of "If There’s A Mailbox in Heaven".

More than just a book, this is a message and a legacy of hope and love - and Celeste's life mission.

We are proud to share Celeste Bowers' courageous story.


Everyone has a different way of coping with terrible tragedies in life. The Bowers family encountered this moment on May 29th, 2005, when daughter Christina, just shy of her 11th birthday, lost her battle with cancer. But Celeste found a way to continue to build Christina's legacy. As a young child, Christina had impressed everyone around her with her strong faith, her endless courage and grace during her illness. Celeste: "With Christina, there was no room for anger, and the question, "Why me?" would never be asked. Instead, this diagnosis was answered with, "Use me. Use me, Lord, for Your Name and Your Glory! How could I watch my own daughter carry her cross with such a sweet gentle spirit for Christ and not pick up and carry mine? Every moment of every day was a challenge. The only way to make it through was to lean on our Lord. Christina turned a dismal situation into life lessons. With Christ, I go on and weather every storm that comes my way. I find the strength to share Christina's testimony with the world, praying that others will be changed and even saved. In the end, the clouds will make way for a vibrant rainbow filled with God's promises."

Working through her grief, Celeste decided to capture Christina's spirit and message by writing "If There’s A Mailbox in Heaven", first self-published in 2012 and available online at MailboxinHeaven.com as well as many online book sites, including Amazon. Celeste writes to Christina as she shares her story. Her journey has taken Celeste from writing, to sharing, to speaking, working tirelessly to spread help, hope and love.

"Life is not about reaching a destination. It is about the journey and the gifts you receive along the way. Christina teaches us to make every moment count instead of always making plans for the distant future. I was Christina’s coach, but after she was diagnosed it was if she wanted to say, “Mom the game’s over here now.  This is the one that counts--The Game of Life. It is my turn to play in this game of life. I am her voice now. We have received beautiful feedback from people who have experienced similar losses. In her short 10 years here she has achieved more than many people in a long lifetime. Christ continues to work through Christina and our whole family.”



The self-published book, beautifully illustrated by family friend Melaine Valentin , “If There’s A Mailbox In Heaven,”  has gained traction and sales through Celeste's many public speaking engagements, her website, Facebook, word of mouth of readers and 100% 5-star reviews by certified purchases on Amazon. This year, Celeste had the chance to participate as an author at the famous Book Expo, the leading book and author event for the North American publishing industry.  

"Of course, I am hoping to spread Christina's message and to continue our work to help others. But exhibiting at Book Expo was not just about meeting publishers. I met so many people on this trip to New York who were touched by our message. That is a gift." Celeste shared her experiences on Facebook.

DAY ONE! BOOK EXPO NYC! Christina is always with me! Let's go! Thank You Lord for every opportunity!
DAY 2 BOOK EXPO NEW YORK. Connected with a wonderful author, Rachel Goldstein, who also is a proud owner of Gifts of Love, Books & More. It's been a great day! Christina is still working!!!🙏❤️



DAY 3: Lady Liberty "Christina" and I head home tomorrow. A very heartfelt thank you to everyone who has been covering me in prayer during this Book Expo. I have learned a lot and have made a few solid contacts. Each morning I asked God to put people in my path that I needed to meet and share my book with for various reasons. Yes, I met important professionals that may help me get my book to a wider audience, but it is the other people who made a difference too...like the cab driver who noticed my name on my badge. He asked if I knew my name meant heaven. When I explained why I knew that and why I was in NY, I showed him my book. He lit up and said, "are you a Christian?". I proudly said yes and shared a little about Christina while traffic backed up and horns HONKED. Christ does live in Christina. He always has! God is good...all the time! I praise Him for this trip and the beautiful gifts I found with every step. He leads! I follow!  🙏❤️

Book Expo led to new professional contacts and possibilities.
We are very happy for Celeste and we hope that "If There’s a Mailbox in Heaven" will help many, many more readers.

Here at EventWorks, we have a multi-cultural work family from many different countries, religions and backgrounds.
And we all believe in
Love, Family, Healing, Hope and Kindness.    

Thank you for reading!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Site Report from The Fabulous Forum in Inglewood

Inspiration: The Red Line and Elements - Art Projects by Doron Gazit

Our Floral Designer Rebecca Motus featured on ABC's The Bachelor on Valentine's Day