This event took place six times - the finale to a Chinese incentive travel program that visited the San Francisco Bay Area in May and June 2015.
The location: aircraft carrier museum USS Hornet in Alameda Bay.
We turned this historic Navy ship into a safe and memorable, spectacular event space and presented the more than 10,000 guests with a customized 4-hour gala program of non-stop action.
The series celebrated 20 years of company history, served as a launching campaign for a new product, and concluded with an exciting preview of the 2016 Incentive Destination: Bali.
The USS Hornet production included
- military fly-bys to honor the location.
- iconic historic characters added to the entertainment.
- the real USS Hornet Band welcoming the guests.
- a Canada-based Chinese star and an American who sings in Mandarin!
- a customized live choreography of the Chinese super dance hit "Little Apple".
- 900 Alaskan crabs sourced directly from the fleet of "The Deadliest Catch".
- the aircraft carrier surrounded with close proximity fireworks.
- Special accommodations were made for the youngest group. We created a completely custom-branded Electric Journey.
From the bottom of my heart: Thank you to Bert and his incredible team - Chi Chi, Phoebe and Rebecca -with whom we spent five wonderful weeks in San Francisco. We are glad you liked the North Face outlet just as much as we did!
And Thank You to our amazing, hardworking L..A. and San Francisco team:
Marie R., Scott Z., Rick T., Rick J., Dianne J., Doug J., Eddie M., Christa J., Jonny B., Eileen C., Wanting, Jim A., Todd R., Solomon R., Jon M., Elaine B., John B., Richard E., Pattie., Stephanie., Peter B., Dina R., Rebecca M., Isobel, Sean F., Susan G., Murray S., David F., Ron L., Robyn, Mickey, Zack, Asher.
And of course to the EW team of Ted, Kristen, GRH, Max, Carolyn, Leo, Edwin, Juan, Nick and Brook
Thank you for all your kind and professional work.
We would like to dedicate this acknowledgement to our friend and colleague Bob Walker.
Thank you for watching!