What Happens When an Event Planner Plans Her Own Wedding?

We have a happy bride in the house!

Account Executive Brynne Price recently got engaged to the love of her life, Joe Peña.

Knowing how passionate and dedicated Brynne is at work,
we were just wondering:



What happens when an event planner plans her own wedding?


   “Three days after we got engaged, I had already made a floor plan and rough timeline for the wedding day. Is that not normal?” she quipped.

We know Brynne to be organized and creative in her work as an Account Executive here at EventWorks, so it comes as no surprise that both strengths shine as she plans for the big day.

  “I live and die by my Google drive.  Everything is in one, organized cloud-based program so that Joe and I can easily access things from wherever we are.  Vendor contracts, to-do lists, budgets, schedules – you name it.  Keeping organized is a must for any planner or in this case, any bride!”

“I will confess that I am a little crazy when it comes to the design – I just can’t help it!  The look of the day is really important to me, and yes, I made myself a little proposal with all the inspirational images.  Soon I will be forced to quit Pinterest.”










"We do have fun! This was our first time visiting the wedding venue."




  "There is certainly an unspoken pressure to execute the most amazing wedding ever because I’m a “professional” but I have the great pleasure of planning events all the time – this one is just extra special and personal.”
She smiles and continues, “Which makes it the most fun event I have ever worked on. I have to admit, it is a challenge at times not to have my personal wedding planning feel like work. The tasks and designing process feel very familiar – a part of my daily work life – but Joe reminds me to stop and enjoy the process.  At the end of the day, we just want to get married.

I know I will be tempted to run around the room and tweak some tables but I have promised my bridesmaids that I will stay away.  I may have planned our wedding but I am handing the reigns over to another person to be the coordinator. I will focus on being the bride.
And we do keep priorities in mind.
Most of all, this day is about us getting married. I can't wait!"











We are all enjoying this very personal and romantic event!

Kate Brack, Kristen Rensch and Nikki Wilbur celebrated with Brynne in their favorite DTLA restaurant a few days ago.

We don't produce weddings but Wedding Fever has infected us all a bit. And just in case Buckingham Palace is reading this: we would be proud to produce Prince Harry's Royal Betrothal and put Brynne's extensive experience to work!

Warm regards,
Janet

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Site Report from The Fabulous Forum in Inglewood

Inspiration: The Red Line and Elements - Art Projects by Doron Gazit

Our Floral Designer Rebecca Motus featured on ABC's The Bachelor on Valentine's Day