What We Did This Summer


We are happy to share!

We all had the chance to take a little time off to relax and recharge the creative batteries.
As we return to work this week, here is our "What We Did This Summer" report.


Janet Elkins:

"Steve and I both discovered the joy of riding electric bikes this summer. Steve has been an avid biker for years, pedaling for hours. But Pasadena's topography did not seem inviting to me. Until I rented an electric bike to accompany my husband on a ride through Pasadena's canyons. What can I say? It was love at first ride! I bought a bike just days later. Steve decided to get one two weeks after that. We are happily whizzing around our town! It is a blast!"


Ted Bowers

"The Bowers enjoyed everything from Olympic Basketball to soaking in adventures on the Hawaiian Islands.  Watching USA men’s basketball scrimmage against China at Staples Center was spectacular.  It was a great version of an All Star game up close and personal.  The family also experienced Big Island excursions that included deep sea fishing, snorkeling, and night diving with the Manta Rays. Just don’t ask Celeste for any feedback on her own Titanic experience of that night. We all savored Teddy’s summer job at In N Out. Service with a smile and secret ordering tips made our dining experience a true treat!"


🐟 Max Blum met really big fish!

"I got in my aloha by taking my annual pilgrimage to visit my mother in Kauai and I unwound by getting my scuba certification, training Brazilian Jiu Jitsu at the renowned Longman Jiu Jitsu academy and spending time with friends and family.
During an island hop to the Big Island I couldn't resist the chance to go shark diving. As you can see on my Facebook you know it was an exciting and nerve tingling experience! That tiger shark came this/close!"


Kate Brack:

As you can see, Kate is "working" on a most important project!
Therefore Kate and her husband are car shopping.

"Baby Boy will arrive this fall and we need more space. I have a feeling a 5-series is in our future. Or a mini-van. 😀"

🐠 Brynne Peña encountered very little fish!

Brynne Peña returned just a few days ago from a quick and beautiful trip to Cancun.  Whereas Max was diving with the great creatures of the open sea, Brynne encountered a much smaller variety during a visit to the resort’s FISH Spa!

"The fish treatment leaves your skin smoother than ever!  The fish don't have teeth so it doesn't hurt at all but it's very ticklish at first. It mostly feels like a very strong vibration in the water, as they buzz around "kissing" your feet, which is what makes your feet so smooth.  My friend and I were kind of freaked out, but couldn't pass up the opportunity!"


Kristen Rensch:

"I really had the best business trips this year: Mexico, Montana and Miami, to name just a few. I was very happy to get some time at home!
As the newest Angeleno on the Eventworks team, one of my favorite things about living in Los Angeles is introducing my loved ones and friends to many of the iconic destinations within and just beyond our metropolis. People that haven’t spent much or any time in Los Angeles are always surprised at the diversity of experiences available here. Guests often leave downright enchanted and wanting to come back, which is great for me as a transplant to the area! My mom, my aunt and my cousins came for a family visit. It’s so much fun to see the city and it’s tourist attractions through new eyes."


Carolyn Vasi:

"I went camping and hiking with my family, dogs included. We went to Oregon. This year we camped at Silver Falls State Park before we headed to the coast. The campground is located near seven waterfalls within the park. It is really beautiful and my brother in law is great at the BBQ!"

Alisa Walsh had the best summer of all of us!

"First my boyfriend proposed! 
And for the first time in many years my dad organized a family trip.
We all live scattered between Southern California, the Bay Area and Portland, Oregon. This was the first time since we were kids that we all got to vacation together on a cruise around the Mediterranean. It was a blast and I am very thankful for the great time we had together."

🐡 Marion Renk-Rosenthal found no fish!

"My family goes on an annual fishing trip to Klamath, California, just in time for the salmon run. Due to the effects of the drought the salmon numbers are way down and the quota was set at only 550 fish. My husband could fish for one day before Fish&Game shut the river down and Dan did not get lucky. But we had great weather and we hiked in the Redwood parks and visited the beautifully restored Old Town Eureka. I miss my gorgeous river view and the scent of redwood forests." 
_________________________________
We hope you had an equally fun summer!

Wishing you a great 4-day week!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Site Report from The Fabulous Forum in Inglewood

Inspiration: The Red Line and Elements - Art Projects by Doron Gazit

Our Floral Designer Rebecca Motus featured on ABC's The Bachelor on Valentine's Day