6 Days, 6000 Miles, Canceled Red Eye: Alisa's Work Week!


 L.A. - Ventura - Boston - San Diego - L.A.:
Attending three conferences on West Coast and
East Coast over 6 days in January can be a challenge.
Our Director of Business Development Alisa Walsh reports.

Thankfully, Alisa loves to travel and takes a few hurdles in stride. Professional women can relate: one suitcase, 6 days, weather ranging from balmy Southern California's 70s and sunshine to blizzard conditions in Massachusetts.
Alisa laughs: "I packed pretty much everything I own and squeezed it into one big suitcase".

First leg on the 6-day journey:
Alisa hopped onto Amtrak's Pacific Surfliner to head to Ventura to attend MPI Southern California Chapter's (WE)Con at the beach fronting Crowne Plaza.





"(WE)Con offered great opportunities to learn but MPI also did an outstanding job incorporating beach activities such as Yoga on the Beach in the program.
I headed from Ventura straight to Boston to attend FICP's Winter Symposium, scheduled to start Sunday, January 24th, in the afternoon.

I was scheduled to fly on a red-eye flight via Washington, D.C. with an easy, quick connection to Logan airport. But what had to happen did happen: the Great Blizzard of 2016 was raging on the East Coast right at this time. As I arrived at the airport my scheduled flight's departure was first delayed by three hours, then it was canceled. Yes, I felt like I was experiencing 'Planes, Trains and Automobiles'."

"I was stuck! I knew that Ted Bowers has high standing with our preferred business travel airline and called for his help! Ted worked his magic! I got rerouted through Chicago. Yes, Chicago, usually one of the airports most affected by winter storms, was free and clear! I made it into Boston by late morning, just in time!"


 











"Yeah, we made it to the FICP Winter Symposium! We will always remember the record breaking blizzard of 2016. By the time the conference started, the skies cleared up and we had beautiful winter weather. Unfortunately a number of registered participants got stuck along the Eastern seaboard and missed it. FICP concluded on Tuesday at 11am. Having the advantage of the three hour time difference, I could make it back out West just in the nick of time to attend Southern California's SITE Vision and Installation Dinner in San Diego. 





"We landed at 4pm at Lindbergh Field, I had to be at the Installation Dinner at the Manchester Grand Hyatt by 5. I had arrived in heavy boots and my big winter coat. But there was no time to check into my room. I dashed to the airport restrooms and took the largest stall. Off came the boots and coat, on with the sandals. Ready!

I am grateful it all worked out and I cherished the opportunity to learn so much and meet so many inspiring colleagues and industry leaders. See you all soon!"
__________________________________________________

I am sure we can all relate. Winter travel has its challenges. We would love to hear your stories of 'Planes,Trains and Automobiles'! Please feel free to share on our Facebook page. 

Wishing you a Sunny Week!
Janet

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Site Report from The Fabulous Forum in Inglewood

Inspiration: The Red Line and Elements - Art Projects by Doron Gazit

Our Floral Designer Rebecca Motus featured on ABC's The Bachelor on Valentine's Day