So Many Birthdays - So Many Different Songs

Dear Friends,

It's amazing we get anything done in September, considering all the birthdays. Finishing up the month is blogger Marion who celebrated hers this past Thursday. And yes, she finds it awkward to write about her own birthday and she realizes how much stress it is to select a song!
Marion: "Thinking I'd honor the fresh music scene in the old country, I selected a German dancehall band from Berlin and then as backup a German rapper, Thankfully, DJ Matt noticed the English cuss words among the German lyrics early on. So, back to the drawing board and I decided to pick a tune by bluesman Albert Collins. Back in my younger days in Europe, I road-managed bands during my student years. Gwen and Albert Collins became good friends and invited me to come visit them in L.A.  I never left California! I spent several years with Albert Collins and the Icebreakers. I miss the great musicians many of whom since have joined the great Jam in Heaven and I am eternally grateful for the amazing shows!"




"The Iceman. The Master of the Telecaster. A blistering, soulful guitarist and brilliant performer.
Although he is no longer with us... it has been nearly 13 years now - he will always be one of my very favorite blues artists. His wry humor, his piercing solos, his consummate showmanship... the unique tuning and complete control he had without using a pick... the ice cold sound of Albert Collins was one of a kind! With the biggest bluesiest Happy Birthday I can sway , I sock it to you my dear Marion!!" xoxoo~ DJ Matt Cornwall

Happy belated Birthday from all of us!
And now, please, back to work :-)

Janet

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Site Report from The Fabulous Forum in Inglewood

Inspiration: The Red Line and Elements - Art Projects by Doron Gazit

Our Floral Designer Rebecca Motus featured on ABC's The Bachelor on Valentine's Day